|7.1 Filter installation
When installing the filter make sure that sufficient space is available to remove the filter element and the filter housing. Preferably the filter should be installed with the housing pointing downwards. The maintenance indicator must be visible.
7.2 When should the filter element be replaced or cleaned?
Filters equipped with visual and electrical maintenance indicator: During cold starts, the indicator may give a warning signal. If vacuummeter shows > 0,2 bar or the electrical signal has not switched off after reaching operating temperature, the filter element must be replaced or cleaned after the end of the shift. Please always ensure that you have original MAHLE spare elements in stock: Disposable elements (Mic or Sm-x) cannot be cleaned.
7.3 Element replacement
1. Stop system and relieve filter from pressure.
2. Unscrew nuts, turn cover counter-clockwise and pull. Unscrew element from support.
3. Check O-ring on the filter for damage. Replace, if neccessary.
4. Make sure that the order number on the spare element corresponds to the order number of the filter name-plate.
5. Complete installation.
|7.4 Cleaning methods for cleanable elements
a) Ultrasonic cleaning
Insert the contaminated suction filter element into an ultrasonic bath for approx. 3 minutes; then rinse in clean liquid. Afterwards, blow air into the filter from the clean side inward.
b) Manual cleaning
1. Remove coarse external contamination in a separate cleaning tank using a brush and cleaning agent. 2. Place filter in unused cleaning liquid (approx. 20 min) 3. Wash filter with cleaning liquid from the outside to the inside. 4. Dry element with pressured-air from the clean side to the dirt side; the cleaning efficiency is about 60–70%
Using either method, be sure that no dirt is entering to the clean side of filter.